The Panasonic ES-LV81-K Arc5 is a serious contender for the best electric shaver in the market, all things considered.
When you have the money, it’s a natural tendency to want the best of everything. You get a girlfriend who looks like a supermodel, you drive a Porsche, you wear custom shirts and suits, and you dine in exclusive restaurants praised by no less than the Zagat editors and reviewers.
And when you shave, you probably use no less than the Panasonic ES-LV81-K Arc5. After all, this shaver is fit for a king.
So just what is it about the Panasonic ES-LV81-K Arc5 that makes it one of, if not the best shaver in the market? Actually, there are a lot of features to consider:
• It’s a wet/dry foil shaver. With the dry operation, you get a quick shave with absolutely no fuss. But if you want to use a shaving gel or foam, that’s fine too.
• It employs 3 special foil patterns working together to capture and cut even the most challenging areas of your beard. With the Lift-Tech foil, you have the reverse-tapered edges that make it possible to life and cut hairs even when they lie flat. With the special shape of the Finishing foil, it doesn’t matter how stubborn your hair is. It will be captured and cut no matter what. With the Slit foil, you won’t have any more difficulties with long hairs. You don’t need to use a separate trimmer beforehand. The structure of the slit catches the long hair and cuts it to the right length for shaving.
• The Multi-Flex Pivoting Head really hugs every contour of your face. The back and forth range of motion is about 25 degrees, while for left and right it’s 20 degrees, That means no trouble at all when you go for the hair on your jaw, neck, or under the chin area.
• Your facial hair is cut at its base by stainless hypoallergenic blades, which are Nano-polished to a 30-degree angle. There are 5 blades floating independently, and they follow the contours of your face, neck, and chin.
• For your sideburns and mustache, there’s a pop-up trimmer.
• It’s all powered by a linear motor drive that offers an astonishing 14,000 cycles per minute. That means you can shave faster, and there’s no tugging and pulling that leads to skin irritation.
• There’s a 10-stage LCD system telling you how much power you still have. Charge the Li-Ion battery for an hour, and you get 45 minutes of use.
• It also has an automatic system for charging and cleaning. Unlike other models, it uses an alcohol-free solution to get rid of the debris.
Your blades are kept sharp and ready. There’s also a sonic vibration cleaning mode. You just rinse the shaver under running water (it’s water-proof), and the sonic vibes dislodge the clinging debris.
• There’s also a lock button, and a travel pouch is part of the purchase.
Just about everything you want in an electric shaver is all right here in the Panasonic ES-LV81-K Arc5. The close shave is impressive, it’s very easy to use and clean, your skin remains untouched and unblemished, and everything’s quick and easy. It’s not even noisy at all. Use it at home or on the road, and it will work just fine.
It’s also Panasonic, so there’s no need to worry about durability.
When we said the Panasonic ES-LV81-K Arc5 has everything you want, well, there’s one glaring exception. It is quite expensive. Its list price is $600, so you better hunt for some discounts.
Of course, you have to remember that personal preferences may vary between users. Maybe you just don’t like how it feels in your hand.
The vast majority of its users really love the Panasonic ES-LV81-K Arc5. That’s evident on its Amazon page. Out of a total of 262 reviews, 170 of them gave it its highest five-star rating. In contrast, there are just 10 one-star rating reviews.
There are many things about the Panasonic ES-LV81-K Arc5 which users truly love. In fact, the adoration can be quite excessive. As one reviewer puts it, this may well be the best electric shaver out there. And to be fair, a lot of people consider this superior to anything else that’s available.
But of course, these people are talking only of the features. Quite a sizable number have mentioned the price, and even some perfect five star ratings admit that it is expensive. Some questions have also been raised about its value for money.
In the end, you have to decide whether the Panasonic ES-LV81-K Arc5 is worth the price. What we’re absolutely sure of is that it’s a high-quality electric shaver that excels in so many ways. In terms of the overall quality (quality of the shave, the health of your skin, the ease of use and maintenance, and the various amenities), the Panasonic ES-LV81-K Arc5 can compete with any other electric shaver out there regardless of price range.
So should you buy it? First of all, can you afford it? This is the crucial question that only you can answer. But if you can afford it, then here are some possible scenarios:
• You have enough money not to give a crap about the cost.
• You care about the cost, but you figure it makes sense to pay top dollar for the best shaver. And you want only the best.
• You consider it as an investment. With all the benefits, time savings, and the various skin mishaps that can be prevented then this shaver is certainly worth your money.
If any of these scenarios apply to you and you can afford the Panasonic ES-LV81-K Arc5, then go ahead and buy it. This is especially true if you can find a substantial discount online. After all, there’s no point in paying full price if discounts are being offered!