It’s generally accepted as a fact that to get a close shave, you have to use a razor. This is especially true if you have a thick beard that grows in all directions. Use a cheap electric shaver, and it will just pull and tug at your beard as your skin becomes irritated.
With the Braun Series 5 550cc Shaver System, that “fact” has been relegated to the fiction department. Braun will give you the close shave you want, offer you lots of convenient features, and it is also quite affordable.
So let’s take a look at the features you can expect when using this shaver.
• Let’s start with the shaving head. It adapts to the contours and curves of your face. That includes traditional “problem” areas like your jawline and under the chin. With this shaving head, there are no problem areas at all.
• It also has the famous OptiFoil. The unique design of the shaving foil enables the shaver to capture more hair. It also cuts much deeper as well.
• It employs a triple action cutting system. With this trio of cutting elements, long hair and short hair are all dealt with efficiently.
• There is a precision long hair trimmer that’s specifically meant for you to use to trim your sideburns, beard or mustache.
• With the ActiveLift feature, now you don’t have to worry about hair that tends to lie flat. The middle trimmer is specifically designed to lift and cut this type of hair.
• Cleaning it is hardly an issue. First of all, it’s totally water proof so you can rinse it quickly enough under running water.
But what’s really exciting is the Clean and Renew System. You just touch a single button, and it cleans the blade after you shave with an alcohol solution that virtually wipes out all the germs, charges your shaver, lubricate your blades so that cutting efficiency remains optimal, and then dries it altogether so that there’s a new lemon scent.
• There’s an LED display showing when it’s time for you to charge or clean your electric shaver.
• The robust Li-Ion rechargeable battery doesn’t get affected by the “memory effect” of repeated charges. It also comes with a SmartPlug which can adapt to anywhere from 100V to 240 V. Charging for five minutes will suffice for a single shaving session. Charge it for an hour, and you have enough power for 50 minutes of continuous shaving.
• The purchase also includes a cleaning brush, a Clean and Renew Cartridge, and a protective travel pouch. So you can bring this with you on long trips, and you don’t have to worry about buying disposable razors.
• It’s made in Germany, and the Braun quality control standards indicate that its durability is assured.
Let’s talk about how close of a shave it can provide: it’s very close. Yes, it’s that good. Many long-time users of electric shavers and have used the Braun Series 5 550cc Shaver System have commented on this. They didn’t realize that a close shave like this is actually even possible with an electric shaver.
All the cutting and contour adaptive technologies they used on this shaver contribute to this result. And because it’s an electric shaver, it’s quick and painless. No need to find the right shaving cream, no need to shave after using hot water, and no careful strokes necessary.
Then of course you have to be concerned about how your skin will react. And as it turns out, you don’t have to be concerned at all. Your skin will be untouched, even if you follow the directions in the manual that says you have to shave against the direction of hair growth.
And let’s not forget the easy cleaning features. Remember, you just need to press a button, and all your maintenance requirements are done for you. Cleaning, lubricating, drying, and charging—all done instantly.
Perhaps the only way that you can knock the Braun Series 5 550cc Shaver System is to compare it to its more sophisticated Braun Series 7 siblings. Since the Braun Series 5 550cc Shaver System is a more affordable model, its foil head is a bit smaller. The Series 7 also has some more advanced features that justify its higher price.
On the other, there are those who say that the improvements of the Series 7 are so marginal that it does not justify the price difference. To each his own, I always say.
You have to understand that no electric shaver will be perfect for everyone. You can even say this of manual razors too. Sometimes it just doesn’t feel right in your hands, or perhaps it’s not suited for your skin, your hair, or for your facial features.
You know you have a great product in your hands when, out of 260 total reviews you get 155 five-star rating reviews while there are only 13 reviews with a one-star rating.
Most of the reviewers laud the closeness of the shave of the Braun Series 5 550cc Shaver System, and others remark that their skin don’t suffer from it. Those are the two most important factors in shaving for most men, and the Braun Series 5 550cc Shaver System definitely meet both requirements.
Basically, this shaver is considered much better than its similarly priced competitors. While others may be more expensive and come with more advanced features, for most guys this is the best combination of benefits, features, and price.
The cost-effectiveness of the Braun Series 5 550cc Shaver System just can’t be beat. This is the best bang for the buck value you can ever get from an electric shaver. It fits most budgets, it does its job superbly and it’s also very durable. What more could you ask for?